Portland Criminal Defense Lawyer
For most of us, being arrested and charged with a crime is frightening. When you’re innocent, or if you have a good explanation for what happened, just the thought of jail is terrifying. If you’re charged with a crime – and we all know it can happen to anyone – you want to know that the attorney you choose has the experience and qualifications to provide you with the most effective defense representation possible.
Portland criminal defense lawyer, David McDonald has zealously defended clients for over 25 years. His reputation has earned referrals from previous clients, colleagues, judges, and law enforcement professionals. He is a steadfast advocate for the rights of the accused. He believes one of the most important parts of his job is to listen to and learn from every client, understand their concerns and fears, and represent them with confidence. Portland criminal defense lawyer, David McDonald has a reputation as both a savvy negotiator and as an aggressive litigator. He seeks innovative solutions for his clients, and he’s a genuine believer in justice for all.
CREDENTIALS AND HONORS
David McDonald’s qualifications, credentials, and awards include:
- Selection as an Oregon “Super Lawyer” 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2014
- Listed in “Best Lawyers in America” for criminal defense
- Listed in “Best Law Firms in America” for criminal defense
- AVVO “Superb” rating of 10
- Oregon Criminal Defense Lawyers Association (OCDLA) President’s Award – three times
- Former Vice President, OCDLA
- Former Member, OCDLA Board of Directors
- Sustaining member, Washington Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Current Member, Washington Defender Association
- Current Member, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Current Member, Clark County Bar Association
- Current Member, Washington County Bar Association
- Current Member, Clackamas County Bar Association
- Current Member, Multnomah County Bar Association
HONEST AND CLEAR COMMUNICATION
Mr. McDonald’s practice was also ranked among the “Best Law Firms” by U.S. News for 2011-2012. While it’s important to know your lawyer is qualified and experienced, it’s just as important to know your attorney is trustworthy. David McDonald believes in straightforwardly, honestly assessing your case so that you know precisely what to expect. He promptly informs you of the status of your case with every development.
In Oregon, Portland criminal defense lawyer, David McDonald represents clients in Portland and in Washington, Clackamas, and Multnomah counties. In Washington, he represents clients in Clark County and throughout the state’s southwest region. He also works with Spanish-speaking investigators and interpreters to assist members of the Hispanic community. To learn more or to arrange an initial telephone consultation, call the law firm of, Portland criminal defense lawyer, David T. McDonald at 503-226-0188. Evening and weekend appointments are available.